So here we are 2008....and all of a sudden out of nowhere, I want to have a baby. Well...strike that from the record. I'm ready to start the pre-baby baby race. AKA, I'm ready to get in shape for having a baby.
I don't know where this came from. Perhaps it was Steve's new years resoloution for me, that I should try for my birthing weight. Thats kind of funny, getting rid of (lots of) baby fat to make way for baby. Chubby + baby weight = super heifer...I know that. I don't want this kid to come out screwed up because I couldn't be bothered to give it a kicking start by ditching the extra pounds. If I did that I already know they'd be in therapy, that I couldn't' care enough about myself to thus care about them.
I want to give it every chance it has. So here I am, not off the BC yet, but ramping up the folic acid, and wondering how much we need to budget to start setting up a nursery...Am I going mad ? I looked into a conceiving magazine (How nuts is that....there's not just a magazine industry for expecting mums, there's one for ladies hoping to become expectant mums) and found a world of baby/conceiving mania...All these products and gadgets I didn't know existed, but knew I simply HAD TO HAVE. Well OK, that's a lie...but all these funky gadgets and contraptions that made it seem impossible to have a baby without them.
So there it is...it's on the table...Babies finally made it onto my adult agenda. And it scares the heck out of me.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment