
I hate recreating paper trails. I loathe it. To the point where I would rather clean a toilet than have to dig through about 75 emails just to recreate something that someone has lost, and it ain't my fault.
In other news today: I got a glowing letter of recommendation from an old professor at UCCS, and now have to ask him to email it to the Grad school for my application, after I was persistent to the point of being obnoxious.
I am offically craving sunlight. Not warmth, just sunlight. Plain old Vitamin D.
I told my dad in not so certain terms I think he is weak for not standing up for me and Matt and Jas. He says otherwise. He says Mum is sick, and is staying with her cos he can't bear the thought of leaving her alone, but he doesn't have heart to tell her how sick she really is. The word schitzophrenic was bandied around...It seems like everyone is trying idolise I-don't-have-a-practising license Dr. Phil, and is telling me I should have more resepct for her. I told him I had yet to see any sort of chance or circumstance in which I am given any indication that he has ever stood up for me. Cos it ain't working. And I should spare a thought for him. You dug your own bed, lie in it. Thats what I have to say. Maybe one day I can have the compassion he has for mum, as she doesn't know what she does, but I need to get past the anger first. I don't know how long thats going to be. But im not going to beat myself over the chest for it. I see no need, for my health or my sanity, and my relationships too. Self-flagellation is not part of my creed.
I was touched by the most minor cultural exchange, but it made my day. I had a bowl of Pho in a Vietnamese restaurant and was presented with some spring rolls, and the sticky sweet chilli sauce to go along with it....oooookkkaaayyyyyy...Not how I've seen Vietnamese springs rolls before, but Ok. So when I ask for me asian basil and he brings it, and then sees I do it how your'e supposed to do it, he does this little happy dance that someone actually took the time to try his culture before americanising it, and ran off to get me some lettuce. Just a tiny insignificant detail of my day, but it meant a lot.
And that picture I took of Bear tonight just in from the rain/snow was too good to pass up. G'nite folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment