I wonder if god has a bit of ADD sometimes. I know he has an incredibly warped sense of humour sometimes, it exists on a plane that totally trancends mine and I don't think I'll ever understand why he does what he does. It's better that way, I don't think I would be in awe of him quite so much if I did.
I mean ( And i'm being totally Kubrick-esque trippy here...So bear with me), how does one person stay in one spot for their beliefs and system of values, yet change their sphere they resolve in so dramatically. The person who you were back then, or the person who you are now....Which are you more suited to ? Maybe its the familiarity of what you saw, and not knowing what you cant see. Kind of like driving while facing backwards, but looking at a map thats taking you forwards.
When I get glimpses of what I left behind in Australia, it honestly astounds me. What I am, where I am, where I live, what I respect and what I take (even though I shouldn't) for granted is so far removed and so different from everything back then, and even now...Reminds me of a mouse on a wheel. Only thats all of them, and not me.
Was it some sort of cosmic search and rescue that brought me to this place in my life...or well almost four years ago..OK, three and a half. Is my husband just a vehicle for god in helping me figure out my place to start truly making my mark ? I don't think so, My husband is the most treasured gift God bestowed upon me, and stroke me dead if I ever take something so pristine for granted. I have this sense of contentment in my life, and even though I am driving backwards, looking at whats behind me to anticipate the road ahead, it gives me comfort to know that the rat race I am a part of now leaves me feeling like I have produced something, and I am on the way to making a difference for everything & everyone I encounter, not wondering where my life is after spending forgetful friday nights at the most happening bar.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment